10 Amazing Tips To Optimize Your Website For SEO
Here are ten easy tips that will help you to optimize your website search ranking
1. Meta data This is a website-building fundamental. Make sure that your title tag on each page matches the page's content. The more accurate the meta tag is, the better the results. It is also important that it is well-written, not stilted because it is often used as the site description in the search results.
2. Backlinks Quality backlinks can really boost your traffic. Almost every search engine uses them to determine the popularity of a page. It may take a little bit of link analysis, but well-placed links can make all the difference.
3. Content Having engaging content on your page can be the difference between sitting pretty on the top page of search results and dwelling somewhere on a page nobody ever gets to. This can be quality written work, photos, video, or multimedia presentations. Great content is a force multiplier.
4. Keywords for images Use the keywords that are popular, but only if they accurately describe your image. Search engines punish sites that use bait-and-switch tactics with image descriptions.
5. Title and description lengths It does matter how long your titles and descriptions are. Generally speaking, titles should not exceed 70 characters and descriptions should be under 140 characters. Try to include your keywords if possible, but not if they are awkward in the sentence.
6. Unique titles and descriptions This may be difficult if you have multiple pages, but each page should have keywords and descriptions that are not identical to the other pages. You should also try to avoid those that are too close to other websites.
7. Avoid duplicate content Duplicate content will get you in trouble faster than anything. Even duplicating what is on your other pages can be problematic. Try to have more than 500 words of content on your page that cannot be found anywhere else.
8. Keywords as site addresses If you are able to include a relevant keyword in your site address, you will be surprised at how much of a difference it will make in your page ranking.
9. Create and maintain your sitemap Sitemaps are little more than a listing of your pages, but they can have a huge impact. Good sitemaps will help the engines find your pages much more easily than they could without one.
10. Blogging Your search results will often hinge on having fresh, updated content. Your blog is one way to make sure that you always have an update for them to take stock of and raise you in the page rankings.
Do you want more great ways to improve your website's SEO? Check out the outstanding SEO tools that are included with SITE123 Free Website Builder today!